Paul Hayes

Posted: July 25, 2014 in Medical, Morgue, Science, Weird
Tags: , , , , ,

One of my greatest fuels for nightmares as a teen was spontaneous human combustion. I had heard an urban legend in the area I lived in about a teenager that had got into the local HMV (music store) and burnt up. I am sure it was an urban legend but it fuelled my restless sleeps for a while.

Which leads me on to the story of Paul Hayes, on the evening of 25th May, 1985, nineteen year old Hayes was walking home in Stepney Green, London, England. The computer programmer was suddenly and inexplicably engulfed in flames. he thought he had been doused in petrol, and from the accounts I found was convinced he was dying.

He curled up on the ground, even explaining he thought that he could hear his brains bubbling. Strangely as soon as it began, it was over, and Hayes stumbled into a London hospital.

He received treatment for his burns to his hands, forearms, neck and face. The police and medical investigators were left with a mystery.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s